The final stage of the rear gauards is the inter mount holes. To make this acurate the guards had to be full assembled. I got the required bolts and buttoned up both guards.
But the objective to have easy on/off light guards was achieved.
Next big job was to start the transmission tunnel. I was planning to do this with wood, But after a bit of play I was going to be to bulky and I wanted to have it as streamlined as possible. So I decided that I would have to fibreglass it. Since I havn't done fibreglass before ... another first.
After some reading and basic knowledge from talking to other people who have done it I decided to fibreglass over cardboard.
I mocked up the tunnel in simple box cardboard as it was easy to work with and I planned to transfer to foam cored cardboard once I got the shape right.
First part of the tunnel mocked up.
Body now off the frame ready for epoxy fiberglass, now on the hunt for a cheap fibreglass supplier.
The plan is to glass over the top, and also around the ply firewall, for additional strength. Then to trim and then do the underside of the tunnel in glass and the complete underfloor in resign to make it water proof.