Next I had to decide on what I was going to make the mounts from. The trusty 25x50 box section was selected. I cut some cardboard out to make the templates required before cutting the steel.
So after making a template / guide on the axle to mark the amount of travel I wanted before the stop was hit, I then started playing around with mount locations and angles
Hack sawing away.... I found this to be the fastest and easiest way for mounts like this, then hand filing.
Ok test fit .... Shit.... due to the location of the newly fabbed Pan hard bar there wasn't enough space to fit the mount..... even after I checked it with the cardboard template. Well it fitted the gap OK but I did allow for the 25mm thickness so I would not be able to blot the pan-hard bar in.....
So after fiddling and thinking... and a little swearing the decision was to mount at an angle off the corner of the Z frame. This also allowed easier access to do the vertical welds required. I hate welding vertically.
Mounts with the top wedges cut to allow mounting to the chassis.
Tacked onto the frame to check alignment and position before full welds.
Both mounts fully welded in, Pretty darn happy with how it looks.
Next steps will be getting the last items on my Certifer checklist done. This requires getting some engineering work done that I cant do, But shouldn't take to long.